Whiskas Dry Cat Food
Whiskas brand cat food is owned by Masterfoods, which is a part of the Mars corporation. Mars, Incorporated is based out of McLean, Virginia, and is privately owned by the Mars family. Whiskas is made at a facility in Meton Mowbray in the UK. There is also a research site in England. Though many pet foods have been affected by the widespread recall of pet food, Whiskas has publicly stated that all of their cat food formulas are safe, and not part of the pet food recall.
Whiskas Dry Cat Food Reviews
There are three different formulas of Whiskas brand dry cat food available. These formulas are all “double-basted”, though contain many filler ingredients by pet food standards. As Corn and corn by-products are one of the main ingredients of these formulas, it does occasionally result in food allergies in some cats. .
Whiskas Dry Cat Food comes in the follow recipes:
- Whiskas Meaty Selection Cat Food
- Whiskas Seafood Selection Cat Food
- Whiskas For Kitten's Cat Food
- Whiskas Meaty Selections dry cat food formula is marketed as being a mix of chicken and turkey flavors. The first ingredient in this formula is Ground Yellow Corn, and the second ingredient is Chicken By-Product Meal. Other ingredients include Corn Gluten, BHA/BHT preservatives, Wheat Flour, Brewers Yeast and Potassium Chloride. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula includes 30% protein and 12% fat.
- Whiskas Seafood Selections dry cat food formula is marketed as being suitable for all cat life stages. The first ingredient is Ground Yellow Corn. Other ingredients include Animal Fat preserved with BHA/BHT, Corn Gluten Meal, Shrimp Meal, Wheat Flour and Rice. The Guaranteed analysis of this formula includes 30% protein and 12% fat.
- Whiskas For Kittens dry cat food formula is able to be fed to kittens up to one year of age. The first ingredient is Chicken by-product meal, and the second ingredient is Corn Gluten Meal. Other ingredients include Rice, Soybean Meal, BHA/BHT, Caramel Color, Marigold Meal, Wheat Flour and Wheat Gluten. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula includes 34% protein and 15% fat.
Whiskas Dry Cat Food Final Thoughts
Whiskas is a relatively cheap brand of cat food, and is not favored by all cat owners. This is because it contains corn, corn by-products, wheat, soybeans, BHA/BHT, artificial color, and other undesirable ingredients. Though it is very affordable (being very low priced in comparison to some other cat food products), many pet owners stay away from cat foods that contain these ingredients. In consumer reviews, many cats experience digestive problems or allergic reactions to some Whiskas brand cat food products.
Whiskas Dry Cat Food Consumer Ratings
Have you ever bought and fed your cat Whiskas Cat Food? If so, please take the time and let others know what you thought of Whiskas Cat Food. Below is a ranking based on the price, ingredients and availability of Whiskas Cat Food.