Wellness Dry Cat Food
Wellness brand cat food is produced by the Old Mother Hubbard company. Old Mother Hubbard was founded in 1926, in Gloucester, Massachusetts. In 1961, Old Mother Hubbard was purchased by an animal nutrition specialist and moved to Lowell, Massachusetts. Aside from Wellness pet food, Old Mother Hubbard also produces Neura Meats and Old Mother Hubbard treats. According to the FDA list of recalled pet foods, no Wellness brand products are currently affected by the recall. Some sources claim that there were several Wellness brand products on the recall list at one time, but as of today, no Wellness Brand cat food products are affected by the pet food recall.
Wellness Dry Cat Food Review
Wellness Brand cat food has two separate categories for their cat food formulas. Wellness CORE cat food is a special type of cat food formula that is grain-free. Wellness CORE is availble in a 2lb bag, a 5.8lb bag, and a large 12lb bag. All other Wellness brand cat food products are only marketed in the regular Wellness cat food line. Wellness Kitten Health formula only has two sizes available: a 5.8lb bag and a 47oz bag. Wellness Healthy Weight and Indoor Health formulas are available in a 40oz bag, a 5lb bag, and a 11.5lb bag. The two Complete Health formulas are available in a 47oz bag, a 5.8lb bag, and a 12lb bag.
Wellness Dry Cat Food comes in the following recipes:
- Wellness Dry Kitten Health Cat Food
- Wellness Dry Healthy Weight Cat Food
- Wellness Dry Indoor Health Cat Food
- Wellness Dry Complete Health Salmon Cat Food
- Wellness Dry Complete Health Chicken Cat Food
- Wellness Core Cat Food
- Wellness Kitten Health formula is designed for kittens and cats up to one year of age. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula contains 36% protein and 18% fat.
- Wellness Healthy Weight formula is formulated for inactive cats, or cats that are prone to becoming overweight. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula contains 30% protein and 8% fat.
- Wellness Indoor Health formula is designed to deal with three problems commonly affecting indoor cats: weight gain, dry skin, and hairballs. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula contains 30% protein and 12% fat.
- Wellness Complete Health Salmon is suitable for all cats with an indoor/outdoor lifestyle and a moderate level of activity. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula contains 36% protein and 18% fat.
- Wellness Complete Health Chicken is designed for indoor/outdoor cats with a moderate activity level. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula contains 36% protein and 18% fat.
- Wellness CORE Fish & Fowl is a grain-free, low carbohydrate formula that is designed with a very high protein content. In addition to this, four of the first five ingredients are protein-based. Other ingredients include Potatoes, Flaxseed, Cranberries and Chicory root. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula contains 50% protein and 18% fat.
Wellness Dry Cat Food Final Thoughts
Nearly all pet owners who have purchased Wellness brand cat food products show a moderately high level of satisfaction. Wellness CORE seems to be the favorite among cat owners, because of its grain-free formula and high protein content. Possible drawbacks to Wellness-brand dry cat food include a high price and limited availability.
Wellness Dry Cat Food Consumer Rating
Have you ever bought and fed your cat Wellness Cat Food? If so, please take the time and let others know what you thought of Wellness Cat Food. Below is a ranking based on the price, ingredients and availability of Wellness Cat Food.