Blue Buffalo Dry Cat Food
Blue Buffalo brand cat food is manufactured by the Blue Buffalo Company. The company was founded when one of the owner's dogs was diagnosed with cancer. The company began as a search for foods that did not contain harmful environmental toxins, which can lead to cancer in pets. Blue Buffalo claims to use many human-grade ingredients in their pet food formulas. Blue Buffalo has previously recalled several of their products in the 2007 pet food recall, including all of their cat food formulas sold under the “BLUE Spa Select” name. As a result of the recall, Blue Buffalo removed all products from their formulas that were made by “American Nutrition”, the company who added the contaminated rice protein to their formulas.
Blue Buffalo Dry Cat Food Reviews
Blue Buffalo brand cat food is available in several different dry formulas, as well as many canned formulas. The BLUE Longevity formulas are available only in a 2.5lb and 5.5lb bag. The BLUE Spa Select dry formulas are available in a 3lb bag, a 7lb bag, and a 15lb bag (except for the kitten formula, which is not available in a 15lb bag). BLUE Wilderness formula is available in a 2.5lb bag, a 6lb bag, and a 12lb bag. BLUE Organic dry cat food is available in a 2.5lb bag, and a 6lb bag.
Blue Buffalo Dry Cat Food Formulas:
- BLUE Longevity dry cat food formula is available in three formulas:
- BLUE Spa Select dry cat food is available in six different formulas.
- Blue Buffalo Kitten Chicken & Brown Rice Cat Food – Guaranteed Analysis: 36% protein, 20% fat.
- Blue Buffalo Adult Cat Chicken & Brown Rice Cat Food - Guaranteed Analysis: 34% protein, 18% fat.
- Blue Buffalo Adult Cat Salmon and Brown Rice Cat Food - Guaranteed Analysis: 34% protein, 18% fat.
- Blue Buffalo Adult Cat Indoor Cat Food - Guaranteed Analysis: 32% protein, 15% fat.
- Blue Buffalo Adult Cat Indoor Sensitive Skin Cat Food - Guaranteed Analysis: 34% protein, 18% fat.
- Blue Buffalo Adult Cat Weight Control Cat Food - Guaranteed Analysis: 28% protein, 9% fat.
- BLUE Wilderness dry cat food formula is marketed as a high-protein, low-carbohydrate dry cat food. Designed for outdoor cats, this formula highlights the fact that it includes several complex carbohydrates, and is an alternative to “Raw Food” diets. The first four ingredients are protein-based, and the fifth ingredient is Potato Starch. The Guaranteed Analysis includes 45% protein and 18% fat.
- BLUE Organic Dry Cat Food with Lifesource ® Bits is a formula designed for pet owners who are looking to feed their cats a diet with organic ingredients. Two of the first five ingredients are protein-based, while three of the first five ingredients are carbohydrate-based. The Guaranteed Analysis includes 30% protein and 14% fat.
Blue Buffalo Dry Cat Food Consumer Ratings
Most consumers have favorable comments about Blue Buffalo brand pet food, especially their cat food formulas. However, some cats do not seem to like the taste or smell of some of the BLUE Spa Select brands of dry cat food, and other cats seem to have slight allergic reactions to some of the ingredients. However, most cat owners like Blue Buffalo's cat food formulas, especially the BLUE Wilderness formula, which is low in carbohydrates.