Avoderm Dry Cat Food
AvoDerm brand cat food is manufactured by a company called Breeder's Choice Pet Foods. Breeder's Choice Pet Foods is a division of the Central Garden & Pet Company. It was founded in 1947 in Irwindale, California. AvoDerm brand pet foods were first created in 1982 as a special formula for curing dog-related health problems. Though many pet food brands have been affected by the recent pet food recalls, no Breeder's Choice Pet Food or AvoDerm products are currently affected.
Avoderm Dry Cat Food Reviews
AvoDerm is unique in that it uses avocado meal as one of the main ingredients. Also, AvoDerm cat food formulas are marketed as being free of BHA, BHT, Ethoxyquin, or any other artificial preservatives. AvoDerm's stated reasons for using avocados in their cat food formula include the high amounjt of Vitamin A, C &E, and the possibly beneficial effects on feline skin health. AvoDerm dry at food is available in three different formulas. Each of these three formulas is available in a 3.5lb bag, a 7lb bag, and a large 18lb bag (except for the kitten formula, which currently is not offered in the 18lb bag size).
Avoderm Dry Cat Food comes in 3 different formulas:
- Avoderm Natural Kitten Food
- Avoderm Natural Chicken and Herring Meal Cat Food - Indoor Formula with Hairball Care
- Avoderm Natural Chicken and Herring Meal Adult Cat Food
- AvoDerm Natural Kitten Food formula is designed for kittens and cats up to one year of age. Three of the first five ingredients are protein-based (from Chicken and Herring). The second ingredient is Ground Whole Corn. Other ingredients include Corn Gluten meal, Rice, Whole Wheat, Egg Product, Milk and Brewer's yeast. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula contains 36% protein and 22% fat.
- AvoDerm Natural Indoor Formula is designed to control two common problems experienced by indoor cats: hairballs and weight gain. The first ingredient in this formula is Chicken Meal, and the second ingredient is Ground Whole Corn. Other ingredients include Chicken Fat, Corn Gluten Meal, Tomato Pomace, Oatmeal and Pea Fiber. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula includes 32% protein and 16% fat.
- AvoDerm Natural Chicken & Herring formula is able to be fed to all adult cats. Two of the first five ingredients are chicken-based. Other ingredients include Corn products, Herring Meal, Brewers Yeast, Chicory Root, and Dried Yucca. The Guaranteed Analysis of this formula includes 32% protein and 20% fat.
Avoderm Dry Cat Food Final Thoughts
Most consumers are satisfied with the results of feeding AvoDerm brand foods to their cats. The ingredients in the dry cat food formulas are easily identifiable, which is helpful when dealing with a cat with food allergies. However, some sources claim that the avocado meal that AvoDerm uses in all of their cat food formulas contain a potentially toxic substance called persin. Though this is not confirmed, it still may affect some pet owner's choice to purchase this brand of cat food.
Avoderm Dry Cat Food Consumer Ratings
Have you ever bought and fed your cat Avoderm Cat Food? If so, please take the time and let others know what you thought of Avoderm Cat Food. Below is a ranking based on the price, ingredients and availability of Avoderm Cat Food.
a WordPress rating system
a WordPress rating system